Here is an update on my Spring cleaning and decluttering my home. I started in the laundry room, dining room and my office. I still have some more work to do in the office, but I need to make a trip to IKEA or some yard sales to find what I want. I am happy with how far I've come and I can't wait to finish up the other three closets and the living room.
Here are the before:
Here is the after:
Here are some helpful tips on keeping your house tidy:
1) Love fabric baskets: great storage
2) Don't just spring clean and purge once a year or twice. Do this throughout the year.
3) Clean your ceiling fans, window stills, blinds, wipe down doors and baseboards every month. I added this to my regular weekly cleaning.
4) Every three months clean out your closets. Every week do one closet to not feel overwhelmed. This is a great way to get the older kids involved. ** If you have older children(10 and up) have them help clean out their closet/drawers. If there are any items that can be sold in a yard sale let them keep the money from the sell. But, they should also help with the yard sale as well.**
5) Have a container where you simply use for yard sales and another container for consignment or Good Will. I store my yard sales container in the garage and the consignment in the laundry room closet.
6) This may help for some people, but I write two lists. One list is what I want to accomplish during the week and the other list is what I want to get done in the next few months. If I don't accomplish everything on my list I don't sweat it.
I will share my progresses and hopefully share some more tips. I know for some this my be a bit too much especially if you are a blogger and writing every week, but if one of my tips helps you that would be awesome. I am so grateful you stop by and I LOVE your KIND comments. Have a great week.