Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Chalkboard Paint DIY's!

Hope you are doing well this week and recovering from shopping. LOL

I have this super fun and easy tutorial for you today and know you are just going to love making these for yourself and kids. Several weeks ago I found these great serving trays for $1.25 total. I knew right away I wanted to use these serving trays as a chalkboard for my little girl and for me.

These lovelies received a coat of ivory paint.
Once the paint was dried I painted one tray pink and other black chalkboard paint by Valspar. I was impressed with Valspar chalkboard paint; so do give it a try.
I did give each tray three coat of chalkboard paint, but two coats were fine.
Once the chalkboard paint dried I rubbed chalk all over the trays and wiped clean. 

My little girl LOVES to write on her chalkboard tray. She spends a couple of hours at her desk just drawing on a chalkboard tray. This is great to take in the car and long road trips so the kiddos can play games (tic tac toe, hangman, draw etc.). The oval tray is going to hang on a shutter I have, but I really want to find some more. These trays are great to turn them into chalkboard trays and put them in the kitchen, office and kiddos rooms and anywhere your heart desires. I am so happy with the results and I love using these two different chalkboard paints. Thanks so much for stopping by and thanks for leaving a SWEET comment. Have an amazing week!

PS: Come back on Friday, I am going to have a SWEET giveaway! See you then!

Hugs,

Vanessa










9 comments:

  1. Your chalkboard tray looks cute. I've been seeing so many things being used with chalkboard paint, guess I better give it a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love paint transformations! Your trays are adorable! I haven't used chalkboard paint yet but I'm more than ready to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I have been wanted to do this project with magnetic paint but I did find that acrylic paint over a metal cookie sheet does the trick...no magnetic paint needed. Cheers, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. These trays are amazing. I love what you did. I would love to have you share this with this weeks Wednesday's Adorned From Above Blog Hop. The link to the party is
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/11/washi-tape-idea-book-and-wednesdays.html#
    I hope to see you there.
    Have a great week.
    Debi @ Adorned From Above

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute little project! I love the pink chalkboard paint.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to agree, the pink is so cool, especially in conjunction with the black. What a beautiful transformation of those trays! Thanks for stopping over at Quirky Vistas and leaving me a comment. Good to hear from you!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  7. sweet... thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop.xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for sharing at Wednesday's Adorned From Above Blog Hop. This weeks party is live. I hope to see you there.
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/12/fabric-covered-can-pen-and-pencil.html
    Debi, Joye and Myrna (The Busy Bee's)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your metal trays turned chalk boards. Doggone it I passed on a rectangular tray today at Goodwill. Not thinking I guess, doggone it
    Found your blog thru Mommy is Coocoo, will be subscribing. I'll have to keep my eye out for different colors of chalk board paint. Did find a can of green spray chalk board paint at Michaels today. Will buy it next week after payday with my coupon. I'll look at Hobby Lobby for the Americana pink chalk board paint.
    I found Americana Zinc color paint last week that a recipe for mercury glass paint asked for. Going to try that tomorrow. I've found several recipes for mercury glass paint in the blogs I've visited so want to try them all to see which one works best for me.
    Glad I found your blog, will be visiting often. Happy Week

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you, please leave a comment.